Tricky for Billericay as Kingstonian late show snatches the points

By Brian Jeeves in Football

Non-league round-up

By Brian Jeeves

BIG SPENDING Billericay Town were left stunned as their former manager, Craig Edwards, and his Kingstonian side took the Bostik Premier points thanks to Lewis Taylor’s last minute goal at the AGP Arena.

Taylor’s strike proved to be the only goal of the game. It proved to be a bad day at the office for Glenn Tamplin and his men, who also had Joe Ellul sent off in the final stages of the contest.

Thurrock also slipped to a Premier Division defeat as Frannie Collin scored the only goals for Margate at Ship Lane shortly after the break, while Harlow Town also found themselves on the wrong end of the result. Alex Read fired Harlow ahead, only for Harrow Borough to hit back through an Ant O’Connor double to win by the odd goal in three.

Brightlingsea Regent fared better, picking up a point at Tooting & Mitcham United thanks to Tom Richardson’s first half goal.

AFC Hornchurch were the region’s big winners in Bostik North. Brad Warner, George Purcell and Ross Wall were all on target in a 3-0 win over Soham Town Rangers at Bridge Avenue. Fahad Nyanja and a Lewis Manor brace helped Bowers & Pitsea to a 3-1 win at Aveley in the home side’s first ever league match at Parkside. Jordan Peart found the net for Aveley in front of a bumper 354 crowd.

Kieran Bishop (2,1 penalty) helped Grays Athletic to a derby success at Tilbury, Emiel Aiken with the Dockers goal. Barking went down 3-2 to Waltham Abbey at Mayesbrook Park. Ben O’Brien and Billy Jones (penalty) on target for the host’s, while Chris Millar’s goal shortly before the break was enough to see Maldon & Tiptree home against Ware.

Andy Eastaugh (own-goal) and Michael Ademayui saw Haringey Borough win 2-0 at Norwich United and Reece Grant’s first half double was enough to help Heybridge Swifts to a useful 2-1 triumph over Mildenhall Town.

George Sykes fired Canvey Island ahead at AFC Sudbury. However, the Gulls had to settle for a point after Adam Mills levelled the score with three minutes to go. Johnathon Nzenga was also on target as Romford picked up a point from a 1-1 draw with Bury Town.

Matt Price and Harrison Georgiou gave Brentwood Town a 2-0 lead against Hertford Town at the Brentwood Arena. But the visitors hit back to grab a share of the spoils through Charlie Edwards and Ollie Sharman. Elsewhere, Usman Adeniji’s goal wasn’t enough to save Witham Town from a 2-1 home defeat at the hands of Potters Bar Town.

Leyton Orient made it back-to-back National League victories after second half goals from skipper David Mooney and Romuald Boco ensured a 2-0 success over Maidstone United at Brisbane Road in front of a crowd of more than 5,000. Meanwhile, O’s east London rivals, Dagenham & Redbridge remain unbeaten after a brace from Corey Whitely earned John Still’s men a share of the spoils with a 2-2 draw at Eastleigh.

Chelmsford City made it three National League South victories in as many matches as Kudus Oyenuga and Lee Barnard found the net to cancel out an early Ryan Case strike for host’s, Bath City. East Thurrock United also picked up a notable success on the road after Montel Agyemang (2) and Reece Harris found the net in a 3-2 win at Poole Town.

First half goals from Karl Oliyide and Philip Roberts helped Braintree Town see off Chippenham Town by two goals to nil at Cressing Road, while Lewis Taaffe scored twice as Concord Rangers and Truro City played out an exciting 2-2 draw at the Aspect Arena.

FC Romania were the Essex Senior League big hitters, thrashing Burnham Ramblers 8-2. Sawbridgeworth Town were 4-1 winners over Hackney Wick, while Ilford picked up maximum points with a 3-0 triumph at Enfield 1893.

Basildon United were 2-1 winners over Wadham Lodge at Gardiners Close, while a single goal was enough for Barkingside to overcome Stansted.

Hullbridge Sports won a five-goal thriller at Sporting Bengal United 3-2, while there were 2-0 successes for West Essex, over Waltham Forest, and Takeley, over Redbridge.

The big derby between Great Wakering Rovers and Southend Manor at Burroughs Park ended 1-1, with the big talking point the disbanding of the home side’s supporters group - The Rovers Rebels - who remain in dispute with the club. And it proved to be the same at the Old Spotted Dog, where Clapton’s fans - The Ultras - boycotted the Tons goalless draw with Woodford Town 2017.

Add Comment

Add Your Comment

You don't need an account to leave a comment

By posting your comment you agree to our T & C